Eighth Grade Math
This year’s curriculum has five main focus sections:
- Working with rational numbers: ordering, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, including positive and negative numbers, fractions, and decimals. Also working with exponents and roots.
- Working to expand understanding of ratios: including unit rates, rates, ratios, proportions, and expanding into slope
- Working with expressions, equations and inequalities: learning to write, interpret, use and solve expressions, equations and inequalities.
- Working to deepen geometric understanding: including angles, area, circumference, volume, surface area, similarity and transformations.
- Working with data and statistics and probability: collect and compare data, theoretical and experimental probability